BAE Systems is a global aerospace, defense and security company employing a skilled workforce of over 85,000 people worldwide. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, maritime, land and cyber domains as well as advanced electronics. Working with customers and local partners, they develop, engineer, manufacture, support and deliver cutting edge capabilities.
Key assets in the project:
BAE Systems leads WP7 “Multidisciplinary optimization and virtual certification” contributing to generate new MRO strategies and guidelines for certification of the new intelligent airframe structures aided by virtual testing and digital twining.
Additionally, BAE Systems contribute to other work packages, with activities that include:
- Definition of the industrial requirements and material/process specifications for the aircraft access panel demonstrator, incorporating target functionalities.
- Guidance and assistance of the design, modelling, functional material/process developments and the on-line process control for automated manufacturing developments.
- Support the development of SHM, wireless systems and damage modelling tasks in readiness for exploitation in new MRO methodologies.
- Contribution to the demo-case realization including some aspects of the test and validation activities.
- Contribution to the exploitation, dissemination, IPR as well as the project management activities.