The DOMMINIO project was delighted to be hosted at the 12th EASN International Conference on “Innovation in Aviation & Space to the Satisfaction of the European Citizens”, which took place between 18 and 20 October 2022 in Barcelona, Spain.
Over the years, the EASN conference has been established as a major European Dissemination event. More than 450 researchers from various disciplines who presented their high-quality recent achievements and new upstream research ideas attended this 12th EASN international gathering.
The DOMMINIO consortium exploited this opportunity and co-organized the 2nd DOMMINIO workshop, on Tuesday, October 18, 2022, from 10:45 to 13:05 CEST, chaired by the project coordinator Ricardo Losada Mateo.
The workshop’s main objective was to raise awareness about the project by providing an excellent opportunity for relevant stakeholders and end-users to delve into the DOMMINIO cutting-edge science and technology.
Panelists representing industrial and academic stakeholders presented the latest advances in the theme of “Additive manufacturing and thermoplastic composites” through the following presentations:
- Introduction & DOMMINIO Overview Ricardo Losada Mateo
- Continuous fiber thermoplastic materials for 3D printing Rodolphe Henri
- The silent revolution of composites additive manufacturing via compact AFP and CFRP 3D printing systems Pravin Luthada
- Process and performance evaluation of Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) for CF/LM-PAEK composite Francisco Ansedes, Noelia GonzálezCastro, Ivette Coto, Adrian Rodríguez, Ricardo Losada, Elena Rodríguez- Senín
- Improving thermal management of FFF nozzle for aerospace applications Claudia Salvan, Mustafa Megahed, Thomas Joffre, Wolfgang Ottow, Antoine Runacher, Stephane Pelletreau
- Development and characterization of magnetic nanoparticle reinforced filament for additive manufacturing applications Christos Tsirogiannis, N. Lora, S. Anagnou, D. Semitekolos, P. Maroulas, K. Zafeiris, C. A. Charitidis
A presentation of the latest DOMMINIO results followed and a round table discussion closed the event providing a forum for exchanging ideas between presenters and the audience.
The DOMMINIO consortium would like to take this opportunity to thank all participants for attending and fuelling fruitful discussions.